Tuesday, September 19, 2006

He Should Have Armed Himself

A few weeks ago, my friends and I got together for “Cut to the Chase” night at my place. We each brought DVDs of our favorite movie chase scene and watched about 3 and a half hours worth of just the chases. It was a blast.

So, following up on that, I’m going to plan a movie night for best shoot out or gun battle scene and I need your help.

If you read this, leave a comment letting me know what your favorite is so we can make our list and that way it will be here for anyone else who might like to do the same thing.

If you don’t read this, then never mind.

Thanks.

Comments:
Al Pacino in Scarface..."Say hello to my little friend."
A great line, anyway.
 
Kill Bill Vol. 1 at the end

Braveheart the Battle of Stirling.

Frank Dux (Jean-Claude Van Dam) vs. Chong Li, "Bloodsport" (1988)
"SAY IT~! SAYYYYYYYYYYIT!"

Saving Private Ryan - the opening scene of D-Day at Normandy
 
The first three aren't guns though, huh?

Die Hard...the whole movie.
 
The final scene from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid." The classic underestimation - "How many guys are out there?" "I don't know, maybe 2 or 3?"
 
The cell block sequence in Star Wars. ("Boring conversation anyway.")

Indy vs. everyone in Marion's bar in Nepal.

The hostage scene in "The Fugitive." (Not much of a battle, just one shot. Good shot though.)

And, of course, "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly." Just thinking about it makes me want to whistle.
 
I think the shootout in Heat was one of the best.

This is a great idea btw.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]