Friday, August 25, 2006

Observations

Haven’t seen any movies in a while so just a few observations about what I’m observing in the entertainment world:

1. I’m still watching and enjoying the TV show the Contender. I wish they would lose the hokey slow-motion stuff during the fights and replace it with some replays before going to commercial, but it is still the most enjoyable thing happening in boxing right now by far. And it is also good television unless you hate boxing, then it’s just decent television.

2. I’m still watching Blade the series on Spike tv, but it dancing on the edge of getting cancelled from my tivo. Blade’s character is a little to one dimensional and they are going over the top with the gross out factor. I don’t like the gore to begin with, but I’ll tolerate it for a cool vampire show, but some of the stuff they’ve done in recent shows crossed the line. I’m giving it another show or two.

3. I’m enjoying this season of the 4400 on USA. It is sort of X-Men meets X-files and while it is not nearly as well done as X-Files, it is still pretty entertaining. So far, they have left enough to our imagination to make it engaging. I do hate the acress playing Isabel though. I’m sure she’s a fine person or whatever, I just don’t like her acting. Then again, the acting isn’t exactly this show’s strong suit. Interesting story though.

4. Prison Break narrowly held on to its spot on my tivo for another season (or less if it starts bugging me too much). I vowed during last season that if they had not gotten out of that prison by the end of the season, that was it. I would be done. Well they got out and now they’re on the run so the show has a newness that got me come back. The first episode was solid, so we’ll keep it going. Mark my words, with Veronica gone, they will replace her with another attractive woman. These shows have formulas and having a certain number of attractive women on them is a must. Just wait and see.

5. I think that new show “Vanished” has promise. I watched the first episode and even though I think the main guy is really bad and a really bad casting decision, the story has some interesting layers and it was pretty enjoyable. I’m going to keep watching that one.

6. The next movie I’m looking forward to seeing is Invincible. Beerfest looks plenty funny, but Invincible is such a great story and has been getting good reviews. I can’t wait. I’m also looking forward to Departed later this fall.

7. In the world of Music, if you haven’t had a chance to check out Beck’s new album Guerro, you definitely should. I love it and strangely, so do my boys.

8. Some friends of mine and I all got together at my place last week to watching nothing but our favorite movie chase scenes. We watched everything from The French Connection to Raising Arizona to Star Wars to Ronin. I have to say I believe top honors for best movie chase scene ever have to go to Ronin in the realistic category and Matrix Reloaded in the overall category. That Matrix scene has it all and whether or not you are a fan of those movies, you owe it to your self to rent the DVD and at least watch that scene. Amazing stuff.

Comments:
Here's everything I know about Beck: "Get crazy with the Cheez Whiz."
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]