Thursday, June 22, 2006

New Movie Template

This is my new and improved movie review template. I wanted to make it less dry and technical so I made some changes. This is the one I'm using until further notice:

What it’s about: Spoiler-free plot synopsis – I’ve got to keep this one

What’s to like about this movie: This category should be pretty self-explanatory

What I could have done with out: Even the best movies usually have flaws. If you ever read this section and I say “nothing”, run don’t walk to see this movie

Who do you like: This section will concern itself with whether there were any sympathetic characters in the movie. Was there anyone to like, cheer for, relate to, etc? If not, chances are you’ve got a bad movie on your hands

What’s new: So many movies have been made, I’m constantly looking for scenes, angles, techniques, dialogue, twists, etc. that show me something I haven’t seen before.

What’s the last word: A movie needs to end well. The end is usually the most important part of the story really. Many, many great movies have been completely ruined by bad endings, like just about every sci-fi or horror movie ever made. Though I should confess that I don’t really like horror movies as they are nearly all complete rubbish

Who you should watch this with: this is another carryover from the old form that I liked

Where you should watch this move: Theater? Home? Either? Basically, this speaks to how much the screen and sound matter.

What it’s like: This is where I will compare the movie to other movies to give you a better idea of whether you might like it or not

What my gut tells me: Initial, pre-analysis, gutlevel reaction

Where it rates: My 1-10 scale which is detailed in an earlier review

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]